Thursday, September 25, 2014

An Update: Illness, Pregnancy, and 77 more days

Well, being sick for  months now has taken its toll in many ways.
The house is a disaster. Our finances are in dire circumstances as I haven't been able to work. My poor husband is over worked, under paid, and I have almost nothing to offer him in the way of emotional support.  All of my energy is going to keeping my self and our baby alive.

The good news?  We are having a little boy. He is healthy and due in 77 more days. Our son is named Soren Xavier Roper, and we are both elated that God has blessed us with this tiny miracle.



I am still experiencing morning sickness, all the time, but it is less than it once was. As long as I get rest, it stays mostly at bay. Right now, because of my weakened system, I am on my third sinus infection of the pregnancy and have developed a rather miserable cough, but I know that I will get better soon. Also, our cat, Minerva, seem to be very happy that I am at home and in bed so much to cuddle with her at her will.



We are trying to get the house cleaned up, organized, and ready for our new tiny person's arrival. The crib came in the mail and we have been given a car seat already. Our mom's have been sending adorable baby clothes, and I have made two little blankets. I am working on my superfine yarn weight project, which is a tiny cabled baby hat in charcoal. It is tricky and taking forever, so he will be wearing it every day until it no longer fits.

Well, that is all I have time/energy for right now.

Blessings to you, and to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment